2009 in Books
You can visit my Goodreads page to find reviews of the books listed below:
1. Tim Challies – The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment
2. Michael Gorman – Cruciformity: Paul’s Narrative Spirituality of the Cross
3. Darrell Bock and Daniel Wallace – Dethroning Jesus: Exposing Popular Culture’s Quest to Unseat the Biblical Christ
4. Michael Horton – Christless Christianity: The Alternative Gospel of the American Church
5. Arnold Dallimore – Forerunner of the Charismatic Movement: the Life of Edward Irving
6. John Piper – This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence
7. R. Niebuhr – Christ and Culture
8. Louis L’amour – The Walking Drum
9. Michael Wittmer – Don’t Stop Believing: Why Living like Jesus is not Enough
10. Jimmy and Karen Evans – Marriage on the Rock
11. Tim Keller – The Prodigal God
12. Graham Johnston – Preaching to a Postmodern World
13. Kysar and Webb – Preaching to Postmoderns
14. Gary McIntosh – Biblical Church Growth: How You can Work with God to Build a Faithful Church.
15. A. W. Tozer – The Attributes of God: A Journey into the Father’s Heart.
16. Sam Storms – To the One who Conquers: 50 Daily Meditations on the Seven Letters of Revelation 2-3.
17. John Piper – Finally Alive
18. Stan Gundry (ed.) – Four Views on Eternal Security
19. T. David Gordon – Why Johnny Can’t Preach: The Media have Shaped the Messengers
20. Bruce Ware – Their God is Too Small: Open Theism and the Undermining of Confidence in God
21. Don Carson – The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God
22. Russell Moore – Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches.
23. Jim Andrews – Polishing God’s Monuments: Pillars of Hope for Punishing Times
24. Charles Siefe – Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea
25. Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck – Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion
26. T.H.L. Parker – Portrait of Calvin
27. Melissa Faye Greene – There is No Me Without You: One Woman’s Odyssey to Rescue Her Country’s Children
28. Trevor Burke – Adopted into God’s Family: Exploring a Pauline Metaphor.
29. Ian Stackhouse – The Gospel-Driven Church
30. Bryan Chapell – Christ-Centered Worship: Letting the Gospel Shape Our Practice
31. Dan Brown – The Lost Symbol
32. Francis Chan – Forgotten God: Reversing our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
33. John Stott – Basic Christianity
34. Ian Murray – Evangelicalism Divided: A Record of the Crucial Change in the Years 1950-2000.
35. John Piper – Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ
36. Colin Marshall and Tony Payne – The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-Shift that Changes Everything.
37. Bryan Chappell – Praying Backwards: Transform Your Prayers Life by Beginning in Jesus’ Name.